Luke never really took a pacifier. We gave him one at around 3 weeks, but he never took to it or seemed interested. Benjamin on the other hand has taken to the pacifier. We do not give it to him regularly or at bedtime (as of yet), but he will suck on it at certain times throughout the day. One day when Luke came home from Grandma's house he found his old pacifier on the table. He walked right up to it and put it in his mouth like had been doing it for years (see picture below). Since then we have had to spend a lot of time explaining to him that big boys do not suck on pacifiers and that they are for babies only. We have caught him putting brother's paci in his mouth a couple of times.
In addition to wanting to suck on a pacifier, Luke has started spitting out his milk like Benjamin.....aaaggghhhh! I guess he sees his brother spitting up and the attention he gets so he thinks he should do it, too. We, again, have spent time reminding him that big boys do not spit their milk out. I know that this is a phase and I am sure that more things are to come, but I wish he wouldn't do it. Instead, Andy and I have been trying to give him positive attention and spend as much time with him that we can. We'll see.....
No comments:
Post a Comment