Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Friday, December 9, 2011

Big Brother

I would say that the majority of my anxiety surrounding the birth of Benjamin had to do with how Luke was going to handle the whole thing.  I was worried about how he was going to handle staying with relatives while we were in the hospital.  I was worried about what he was going to think about his new baby brother. I was worried about how he was going to handle the transition to being a family of 4.......again, why I worried I am not sure.  Luke has welcomed his baby brother Benjamin (Ben-a-men) with open arms and a loving heart.  He loves on him, worries about him, and is proud of his baby brother.  Just watching the way he has handled his little life changing brings a tear to my eye.  He is such a sweet little boy and I know he is going to be a great big brother to Benjamin.

While were were at the hospital Luke spent time with Grandma, Christina (Nina), Makayla (Layla), Uncle Bub (Bubba), Gigi, Sarah, and John.  From what I gather he had a fantastic time.  I was told he would ask about us occasionally, but was okay when he was reminded where we were. 

Here are a few pictures from his visit to the hospital to meet Benjamin for the first time.  I have a video of when he first met Benjamin as well.  As soon as I figure out how to get it off the video camera I plan on posting it to the blog, too.

This is a picture of Luke "taking a picture" with Gigi's camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment