Andy and I checked into the hospital at 6am on Friday, December 2nd. I was quickly started on pitocin and the whole process began. I had a great nurse, Alicia, that increased the pitocin every 30 minutes with the ultimate goal of having a baby before she got off at 3pm.
Well, it turns out that my body had a different plan and decided I should progress slowly, but steadily throughout the day. I am pretty sure that the doctor broke my water around 11am and I got my epidural around 1pm and I know for sure that I did not have a baby by 3pm as originally "planned."
I had several visitors throughout the day and overall enjoyed spending time with some of my family members. The induction phase went pretty well with exception of the few hours when my blood pressure dropped (90's/50's) and I felt pretty crappy. Here are a few pictures of the induction day waiting game.
I had not eaten since 6pm the night before and I was starving!! Turns out that ice chips are not a good substitute for breakfast and lunch.
This is after my blood pressure dropped and I couldn't sit up in the bed like I had been before.
Andy spent a lot of time sleeping while he waited.....must have been nice :)
I love this picture of Andy and Sarah.

No comments:
Post a Comment