Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Monday, January 30, 2012

8 Weeks Old, Oh My!

Benjamin is now 8 weeks old.....that's right, I said 8 weeks old.  I am proud to announce that he slept for a total of 7 hours (in a row) last night (11pm to 6:15am)!  I think that by definition he slept through the night!!  I am such a proud Mama.  I am by no means naive enough to believe that he will do this from hear on out, but I do believe he is on the right track.  I think that one of the biggest reasons he made such progress is because we started putting him in his crib at night (in his room upstairs).  He seems to be a very light sleeper so I think that having us in the room may have cramped his style!!  The other thing that is new this week is that he started eating like a pig.  He went from eating ~3.5-4 ounces at each feed to wanting 5 ounces (and sometimes even 6 ounces) with each feed.  His little cheeks are getting chubby and I love it!

I know that these first few pics look the same to most of you, but to me his expressions are so different.  I just couldn't pick my favorite one so I posted them all.  As you can tell from the pictures his head control has improved drastically from just last week.  What a rock star!

 This picture cracks me up.  I asked Luke to lay on the pillow like his brother so I could take their picture.  He is such a literal little boy!

 We have been working on smiling with our eyes open.  He is making some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment