Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Saturday, January 14, 2012

5 Things in 5 Weeks

Benjamin is now (past) 5 weeks old and growing like a weed!  When Luke was 5 weeks old I did a 5 things in 5 weeks post, so I thought I would do the same with Benjamin.

1. Who knew you had so much room in your heart to love 2 boys (actually, make that 3 boys) so much?  I knew that I would love Benjamin as much as I love Luke, but it is crazy how much love that is!  I feel like my heart has grown exponentially in the past 5 weeks.

2.  Where did all my time go?  Having 2 kids is non-stop work!  Everyone said that 1+1 does not equal 2 when it came to kids and I now know what the were talking about (notice I have been working on this post for several days now).  I am really beginning to wonder what I did with all of my time prior to March of 2010!

3.  There is a lot less stress and worry with kid number 2.  It doesn't mean that I don't worry about Benjamin, but it does mean that I am a lot more confident in my parenting skills now that I have done this before.  I think that this is a blessing given to moms who decide to have multiple kids.  With your first kid you don't realize how important it is to stop and enjoy your child because you worry so much.  It is like you blink and they have grown a foot.  With Benjamin I have taken that extra time and loved on him plenty!!

4.  I love that Luke loves his brother.  He talks to him in this cute little high pitch voice and says thing like "hi baby Ben-a-men" and "aaawwww".  I also love that Luke makes sure he hugs and kisses Benjamin when he leaves or goes to bed.  He is such a good big brother with a loving heart!!

5.  And like with Luke, I would do it all over again! Benjamin is such a blessing to this family and it is already hard to remember what life was like without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment