Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ONE Month Old

I can't believe that my baby boy is now one month old.  I know that Luke's first month went really fast, but it feels like Benjamin's first month went at lightening speed!  I am guessing that the holidays probably contributed to that.

At one month old Benjamin weighs in at 11 lbs even and is 22 inches long, which puts him in the 75th percentile for both height and weight.  He is a very good baby.  He usually eats 7-8 times in a 24hr period (~2.5-3.5 ounces each time) and typically wakes up around 2am and again around 6am.  He is wearing his 0-3 month clothes and is growing by the day. 

As for his tricks, Benjamin is tracking things really well with his eyes, he likes to grab things like the burp cloth off my shoulder or my finger, and he is starting to find his voice!  I love it when he works up to a little coo, giggle or shout.  He smiles often and we can even get him to smile by tickling him at times. 

Luke still loves his baby brother and is very concerned about him.  If he wakes up and Benjamin is still sleeping Luke wants to wake him up!  He doesn't like Benjamin being in the other room without us. Luke likes to share his toys with Benjamin so it isn't uncommon to find a rubber duck, car, or train on his belly throughout the day.

It is so interesting to me how 2 babies can be so different.  When compared to his big brother, Benjamin is a sleeper!  He takes naps all day long.  This is nice so that I can get some things done in small spurts.  Benjamin is also a sucker and needs a pacifier.  We don't put him down with it at night, but he will use it various times throughout the day.  Sometimes I even find him sucking his thumb.  Benjamin is also a cuddlebug and wants to be held a lot more then I remember Luke wanting to be held.

We are so thankful to have Benjamin in our family now and cannot wait to see more of his little personality shine through!  We love you Benji!

No comments:

Post a Comment