I think that the day of Benjamin's birthday (a Monday) the temperature was 75 degrees. Three days later on a Thursday, ICEmageddon 2013 hit our area. It sleeted inches of ice and everyone was iced in for days upon days. We even had to cancel Benji's birthday party. Given that I work at a hospital and do not get snow days off of work I had to work a few of the days, but I did get to spend the weekend at home with my boys. Luke wanted go outside and play in the "snow" really bad. On Saturday morning we obliged, but the ice confused him. He kept asking why it wasn't soft like before. Since our house has a sloped walk way and drive way we decided to use a make shift sled and let the boys slide a bit. Luke went a few times and Ben was done after 1 shot. Neither of them were ever agile enough to really master walking on the ice so our outside adventures were short. Hoping for snow next time :)
These were some pretty neat looking icicles hanging from the trees
No comments:
Post a Comment