Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Ben's First Day of School

I have been dreaming of the day that Benji could go to school.  It's not that I want my baby to grow up, it is more that I want both of my children to be at the same place on the same day! 

We went to meet the teacher night on Monday night and found out that Ben is in the Ladybug class with Mrs. Shannon and Mrs. Elsa (Luke had Mrs. Shannon when he first started going to this school).  Both teachers already knew about Ben and were excited to have him in the class.  After talking to them for a bit I found out that, at a week shy of 21 months, he is the youngest in his class.  This made me nervous for him at first, but I quickly was relieved.  Ben can be a bit rough and tumble -- so better that he do that with older ones, right?  I would hate for him to take out an itty bitty ;)

Turns out that on the morning of the his first day Ben was running a fever and had to sit it out - BUMMER!  He didn't get to have his first day until Thursday.   Since we had a couple of extra days, we talked up school a lot and I am pretty sure he was even a little bit excited.  However, the excitement quickly wore off as soon as he realized he was being left.  He cried at drop off and off and on throughout the day.  He was even crying when I picked him up.  I know that it will take a few times before the tears go away, but until then it hurts my heart to know he is sad.

Here is what his teachers had to say about his very first day.  "Ben had a great 1st day!  He was upset off and on through the day, but we kept him busy and reminded him that you would be back after nap time.  He liked chapel and listened very well."

Way to go Ben!

After some serious pictures, Daddy gave the approval for the silly ones :)
 I love Luke's smirk in this one
 
 
For comparison, check out when Luke went to school for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment