Luke's first day of school went pretty well. He cried when we dropped him off, but the teachers said that he calmed down pretty quickly. He ate most of his lunch and he took a great nap. He learned about the color red and enjoyed playing bubbles. He also brought home his very first artwork (see picture below). When I saw the artwork I thought to myself, "red paint on manilla paper." I didn't really think that it was anything specific, but I was wrong. Later on that evening Luke saw the artwork and said "apple." Turns out that the red paint on manilla paper was apples -- my baby is so smart. He remembered what they learned about that day in school!!
Now as for Mommy......I have had mixed feelings for awhile about whether or not I was doing the right thing for Luke. I know deep down it is good for him and he will eventually love it, but it was hard to drop him off (crying) with strangers for a 6 hour stretch. It made me sad, but I did okay too! I enjoyed some time to myself for a change. I got a much needed pedicure and actually went to the grocery store ALONE!!!
All in all it was a great day for the both of us!!
I know the backpack seems big for a toddler, but the school asked that we use a full sized backpack so that all of his stuff would fit into one bag. He loves his Elmo backpack!
"Apples" -- Luke Cloud, Age 18 months (almost)

No comments:
Post a Comment