Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Thursday, August 29, 2013

One Last Park Trip

Before we caught our flight out of Pittsburgh we decided to make one more park stop to enjoy the nice PA weather.  I googled best Pittsburgh playgrounds and War Memorial Park ranked at the top of most people's lists.  After our visit I know why this park was consistently mentioned -- our boys loved it!  It had a toddler side and a big kid side.  The structures were newer and in good condition and the  ground was that soft rubbery stuff.  The best part about the park was that it had a nice variety of things to do and a ton of different slides -- all of which Luke went down. 

One quick sad story....  We were on the big kid side and Luke was going down the tallest covered slide of them all.  Naturally, Ben wanted to go next so Andy sent him down.  I was at the bottom and after he sent him down all I could hear was thump, thump, thump and skin against plastic.  Ben showed up at the bottom face first and on his belly -- face smashed against the plastic.  Thankfully, he wasn't hurt and recovered quickly.  Needless to say, he is now ruined on slides.  Poor thing :( 

Despite the slide incident this was a great way to end our family vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment