Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Duquesne Incline

Last week the boys and I flew up to Pittsburgh, PA to meet Andy (who was there for work).  I must take a second to brag on the boys for a moment.  I spent a decent amount of time worrying about how the airplane ride was going to go with 2 boys and only 1 mommy.  I am happy to report that the trip was great!  The boys were on their best behavior and we had ZERO meltdowns on the plane!!!  At the end of the flight at least 4 different people commented on how well behaved my boys were -- SCORE!!  My mommy confidence was definitely boosted a bit that day :)

The evening we arrived in Pittsburgh we decided to take the boys to ride one of the inclines.  They are super interested in trains right now so we thought that riding a cable car up the side of the mountain would be fun.  We chose to ride the Duquesne Incline.  While the boys enjoyed the ride up and down, I was slightly disappointed.  I was hoping there would be something fun to do at the top, but I was wrong.  We did get a nice view of the city and the rivers converging, but that was about it. If we were ever to go back and ride an incline again, I would probably choose a different one.  Regardless of what I thought, the boys enjoyed the ride -- and that is all that matters to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment