Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Camping Day #2

Surprisingly, the boys slept well in the tent (this was one of my biggest concerns).  Ben started out on a little palette between our air mattress and Luke's twin size air mattress.  He eventually moved onto Luke's bed and fell asleep.  After an unknown amount of time he woke up because he fell in between the tent and the bed, which I imagine was quite scary.  After that he was in our bed with us and didn't make a peep til morning.  Luke tossed a bit, but pretty much slept well the entire night, despite his mattress losing almost all of its air (guess we need a new mattress). 

After breakfast and a long play at the park, we decided to go on a hike.  The boys were pretty much exhausted by this point so Andy I mostly carried them the entire way.  After our hike we ate some lunch and headed home.  The boys were both asleep within minutes of putting them into the car.  I don't think we are quite ready for 2 nights yet :)

Enjoying a little pre-breakfast snack :)
 Enjoying a snack before we went hiking
 All little boys need hiking sticks.  You can tell that this is pretty much the point where Luke checked out and was DONE with just about everything :)
I love this picture of Ben in his hat :)
 Showing us his muscles on a tree trunk
 And what brother does, Benji does
 They quickly went from this......
 ...to this!

Thanks Kelly and Steven for inviting us.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I was thinking and I might just go back someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment