Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Camping Day #1

Some friends of ours invited us to go camping with them recently.  Andy has been wanting to go camping for quite some time now so I reluctantly agreed.  Thankfully our friends are camping pros and took care of most everything.  I was instructed to bring a tent, sleeping stuff, chairs and drinks for our family.  I was really looking for an excuse to not go, but they made it virtually impossible!!

While I would not say that I have been transformed, I will say that I had a favorable experience!  It was pretty warm, but we had a shady campsite and watching my boys enjoy the outdoors was worth its weight in gold.  It was also a good introduction into camping with only staying one night!

Luke really enjoyed playing with Caleb and Benjamin did all he could do to keep up with the big boys.  One of my favorite memories is Luke learning to pee on the tree.  He was so cute standing there with this undies close to his knees (we will work on less exposure next time).  Benji wanted to be just like his big brother and kept pulling at this diaper so that he could pee on the tree too - maybe when you are older, Ben :)

When we got there we met up with the Reals at the "Go Fish" event they had for kids.  The boys went from station to station learning about fishing. 

 Showing off their catches
 Back at the campsite
 This is a picture of Ben in a tree.  He did not like it one bit.
Checking out Mr. Steven's hammock 
So stinking cute!
We spent a lot of time at the park behind our campsite.  The boys really enjoyed playing, but it was a little too tall for this mommy's taste.
 S'more time!
 Ben really liked these head lamps Kelly brought

No comments:

Post a Comment