Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Luke is Three!

Dear Luke,

I cannot believe you are 3 years old now.  In so many ways you seem older, but at the same time you are the little baby I brought home from the hospital 3 short years ago.  This thought makes me smile and be sad all at the same time.

At 3 years old you weigh in at 35lbs (fully clothed) and are 38.5 inches tall (75th percentile for both).  You wear 3T pants (some are too big in the waist) and are transitioning to 4T shirts.  You were a size 9 shoe.  You are not a picky eater, but you tend to eat like a bird.  You love cookies, fruit (all kinds), yogurt, spaghetti, hot dogs, gummies, and jello.

You are so loving.  You worry about us when we are not around and always make sure we remember Ben.  You tell us you love us all the time and you are going through the phase of not wanting to be left anywhere and your reason is "because I love you."  Despite some minor sharing issues, you are a great big brother to Ben and love him very much. 

You go to school 2 days per week and absolutely love it.  We rarely have problems with leaving you there, but you are always super happy to be picked up.  Your teachers are always telling me how well behaved and how sweet you are.  If I head to guess you are probably one of their favorites ;)  At school you have several friends, but your best buddy is Chance. 

Luke you are so much fun to be around.  Some of your favorite things to do are color/play stickers, go to the park, build leggos with daddy, do puzzles, and play with your cars (with doors that open).  I think we are spoiling you some because you frequently ask me "what is something fun we can do today?"

Luke we love you very much and are grateful for these past 3 years.  We look forward to your future and know that you will go on to do great things.  You are our blessing and we thank God daily for choosing us to be your parents.

Mommy

 I love that you were singing happy birthday with us!
Benji and Papa
 Luke and Papa




No comments:

Post a Comment