Yes I realize Ben is 16 months old as I am writing this post, but I am really, really behind :)
Benji, Benji, Benji -- where has time gone?
At your 15 month check up you weighed in at 26lbs, 11 oz and measured 32.5 inches tall (90th percentile for both). You are wearing 12 or 18 month pants (depending on type/brand) and 24 month/2T shirts. Your chubby little foot requires a size 4 or 5 super wide ;)
Looking back on these past 3 months you have changed so much! For starters, YOU ARE MOBILE! You started walking at 13.5 months and have not slowed down one bit. In fact, before you were even walking you were trying to climb the OUTSIDE of the banister of the stairs -- true story. You have so much energy and love to climb and explore everything. You love to be outside and it is not uncommon to find you standing at the back door saying/crying/shouting "a-sigh." I am kind of worried about the day you figure out how to open the door on your own....
You are talking up a storm, most of which only a few people understand. Some of your words include: Mommy or Mama, Daddy, Bubba, GiGi, Papa, ga (cup/milk), bye-bye, No, Yes (you have a cute little lisp with yes), up (sometimes bup), down, nigh-nigh, Ma (Molly), bath (baa), and my personal favorite -- I Love you (i uh ooo). You actually have way more words than this, I am just blanking on them right now. In addition to words you can make the noises of a cat, dog, monkey, cow, duck, elephant and lion/bear. One of my favorite things you are doing right now is going to talk to Papa. When we get to Gigi's house the first thing you do is go to his room to see him. You talk to him with such intent -- I only wish I knew what you were telling him.
You love to give kisses! I wish I could say that you were all sweet, but the truth is that you are also a hitter and a biter. Daddy calls you the little sour patch kid because you hit/bite, but then give sweet kisses. We are trying to figure out how to get you past this not so nice stage.... Despite the occasional outburst, you really are a sweet boy and I will never pass up one of your kisses!
Benji, we love you so much and I am looking forward to exploring the world with you.
Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos (4-Ingredients)
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment