Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pee-Pee Day!

Since Luke recently turned two, Andy and I decided it was time to potty train.  After investigating several methods, we decided on the 1 day method.  We chose a weekend that had absolutely nothing going on so that we could camp out at the house.  Our "pee-pee day" consisted of drinking a ton of fluid, practicing going to the potty all day long, Teddy, M&M's, stickers, celebratory phone calls, and lots of praise.  I was ready to throw the towel in after 4 back to back accidents, but I am so happy I (we) kept going.  After "pee-pee day" on Saturday and staying at home all day on Sunday I am happy to report that Luke is potty trained.  He is wearing ONLY big boy underwear (even at night) and has had very few accidents!!  I know that the journey isn't over, but I am so proud that he picked up on it so quickly/easily.  For those of you thinking about potty training I say go in to it 100% and don't give up!

Teddy got to wear big boy underwear, too!  He pee-peed in the potty and had an accident, too.
 We camped out in the kitchen on the TILE for a good portion of the day.
 It's normal to go potty in the kitchen, right?
Some quality Mommy/Luke bonding time.
We eventually graduated to the big potty and moved the little potty upstairs to his bathroom.

Here is the link to the blog we used as inspiration for our "Pee-Pee Day".

No comments:

Post a Comment