Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Friday, March 16, 2012

Luke is Two!

Dear Luke,

My eyes are fighting tears as I think about how big you are getting. It is like I blinked my eyes and you turned into a little boy. You are such a sweet child with a loving heart.

At 2 years old you weigh 28-29lbs on the home scale, depending on the day. You wear 24month-2T clothes for the most part and are still in a size 6 shoe. You love to eat breakfast and typically ask for a waffle, yogurt, granola bar, or a banana to start your day (most of the time a combination of those options). Some of your other favorite foods are fruit (all kinds), rice, hot dogs, and cookies!

You love your animals! You can make all of the noises for each and every animal you learn. You also love to play with your trucks, tractors, trains, and balls. You don’t watch a lot of TV, but when you do you typically say/request “watch Elmo”, “watch choo-choo trains” or “watch Mi-me Mouse.”

You are an observant child who is always listening. You tend to be a little shy when you first meet people, but once you warm up you are a little ham. You like to know your day’s schedule ahead of time, but also have no problems going with the flow. You speak in sentences and you always surprise me with the things you know.

You are still a great sleeper and love sleeping in your queen sized big boy bed. We try to have you in bed no later than 8pm and we usually wake you up in the morning. You sleep with any stuffed animal you can find, but you are particularly fond of your Allie and Mun Mun (stuffed alligator and bear blankie). Each night before you go to sleep you say your bedtime prayers It melts my heart to hear who you want to pray for nightly and I also smile when we pray for your animals, too.

You are a great big brother to Benjamin. You can now say his name really well with all 3 syllables and even the “ja” part. You are constantly thinking about him and loving on him. If he isn’t around you want to know where he is. If I sing a song about you then you aren’t happy until I sing the same song about Ben. You are a great helper with getting him diapers and burp cloths and even turning on and off his swing. I love that you never go to bed without giving him a hug and a kiss. He is a lucky little boy to have a brother like you.

I thank God daily for giving you to me and allowing me to be your Mommy. You are my little sunshine and breathe of fresh air. God has big plans for you and I am so happy that I get to be a part of it!

I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment