Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Oklahoma!

Andy, Luke and I are currently in Oklahoma for the weekend. This is the first out of state trip for Luke and also the first time he has stayed in a hotel. To say the least, we have learned a few things about traveling with an infant and staying in a hotel. The top thing on our list has to do with the actual hotel room itself. I now know that we need to request a NON-handicap room away from the elevators. As you may have guessed, we ended up in a handicap room across from the elevators (we tried to switch rooms). Turns out that the handicap room comes with a handicap accessible bathroom, including the tub. Well, actually, lack of tub - our room was appropriately equipped with a 'roll in' shower. Normally this would not have mattered, but we have a son who likes his bath and needs it to wind down before bed. We were faced with an interesting dilemma - put the kid on the shower floor and hose him down, shower with him in our hands, or use the sink......what did we opt for?? THE SINK!! Luke was so cute sitting in the sink for his bath. I am pretty sure he even liked it! I love that we have a kid that rolls with the punches!

And you thought he would be too big for a hotel sink :)

Luke relaxing after his bath.


This is Luke watching Saturday morning cartoons (SpongeBob Square Pants) while Andy and I got ready. We typically try not to use the TV as a sitter, but we're on vacation, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment