Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Back to the Grind

Today was my first day back at work and I am TIRED!! Luke was extra sweet to me and slept through the night, which definitely helped, but this working mom thing is going to be tough (hats off to all my working mom friends).

I have been dreading this day since I had Luke only 12 short weeks ago. Its not that I don't like my job or the people I work with, it is that I really love being Luke's mom. I like spending my days with him helping him to learn and watch him grow. I know I can still be a great mom and work at the same time, but I can't help but think I am going to be missing out on so many things.

On the bright side, once I got to work this morning the anxiety eased and I felt as though I was there last week -- okay, not last week, but not that long ago. It was good to see friends and share pics of my little guy. I even got a new desk so I can proudly display Lukes pictures!! Another great thing is that I felt extra skinny this morning. Last time I put scrubs on they barely fit and I definitely did not have to tie them to keep them up. Also, I had to tighten the laces on my sneakers to keep them on my feet. I treasure the small things these days!!

For those of you who might be wondering, Andy's mom will be the primary caretaker of Luke while I am at work. However, she won't be taking on this role until June 21st. Until then Luke will be watched by Aunt Christina, Cousin Robyn, and Gigi -- depending on the day. The good news is that we have lots of loving people that don't mind watching him every now and then!

Oh, one last thing -- Luke taught me something very important this morning -- do not get dressed until AFTER you feed him!!

Figuring this whole thing out,
Kays

No comments:

Post a Comment