Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm Inducible!!

Just got back from our doctor's appointment and I have nothing but GREAT news to share!!!

First things first - I do NOT have pre-ecampsia. While I do have protein in my urine (which they are monitoring closely), the amount is below the cut off for pre-eclampsia!! I have only been officially diagnosed with PIH or pregnancy induced hypertension. The other way to look at it is pre-pre-eclampsia (Andy's term, not theirs).

Second, my exam has changed slightly (again, no "gross" details unless requested) and because of this I have been officially deemed "INDUCIBLE." The doctor said that if the baby does not come soon, then he will induce at ~39 weeks (which is next Friday-ish, ~1.5 more weeks). This means that my dreaded bed rest will be cut short by ~1 week - YAY!! The exact date has not been set yet, but I will keep you informed once it gets scheduled.

Lastly, the baby is still doing well. He was not wanting to participate in the sonogram today as he was tired. I think he knows that rainy weather = good sleeping weather -- who can blame the little guy?? Other than a that he scored well on all of his tests this morning.

I have another appointment, biophysical profile, and lab work scheduled for Thursday morning. I will let you all know how it goes as soon as I can.

Praise the Lord and thank you for your prayers!!
Kays

P.S. I lost 4.8lbs of the 6lbs that I had gained at the last visit and my BP is lower (although not at my baseline). Turns out that bed rest works - who would have thought??

P.P.S. Please continue to pray for our health (both Lucas and I) and also remember that we are praying that he makes his grand entrance into the world sooner vs. later (although I am "inducible" it would be great if he was able to come on his own)!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear this great news, Kays! You, Andy, & Lucas are in my prayers. Winter

    ReplyDelete