Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2 Weeks Old Today



Sorry for the delay in posting (I am sure all of you mothers out there will forgive me)....

I last left off at Luke's first doctors appointment. This was a hard day for me because we found out that he had lost almost 1 pound since he was born (~10%). The reason it was so hard for me was because I am the one not making enough milk. This revelation began the most exhausting 10 days (and counting) EVER. I began what I termed 'Cloud Dairy, Inc.' I had to go to a strict every 2 hour feeding cycle with simultaneous pumping (trying to trick my body into thinking I had twins) along with supplemention with breastmilk +/- formula with each feeding. This process takes ~1 hour and if you do the math it only leaves 1 hour until the next feeding begins. Thankfully, I have the best husband ever and he has been by my side the entire time (well, except for the night he had off when my sister spent the night -- one of us needed a good night's sleep, right?)

Now, fast forward to his 2 week appoinment (today) and he weighs 9 pounds, 3.5 ounces!!! We worked really hard to get where we are today and I can say that although it was/is exhausting, it was worth it!!! He is now 75th percentile for weight, 95th for height, and between 75th and 95th for head circumference. I am proud of our accomplishments!!

We wanted to make sure we thanked all of you who have stopped by to see our little man, brought dinner, and/or sent your prayers and love our way. It truly means a lot to us to have such wonderful people in our lives that love us.

I am hoping that I will be able to post more frequently in the coming weeks,
Kays


2 comments:

  1. Awesome photo's Kasey!! Keep up the hard work on breast feeding it's worth it as Im sure you already know. You and Andy did a great job, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would help if I could spell you name correctly, sorry...

    ReplyDelete