Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Potty Day!

Ben is potty trained!  It seems so long ago now that I am writing this (it happened on February 22nd), but it is important that I document the memories :)

We used the exact same method of potty training Ben that we did for Luke because it worked so well the first time.  It is the one day method and we followed the basic steps found here.  Benjamin hadn't really shown many signs of being ready to potty train, but Andy and I decided to pull the trigger and boy am I glad we did.  He picked up on it quick!  We were both shocked with how well he did!

We started in on the juice and snacks that morning and it only took a few times for him to start recognizing his body's signs that it was time.  I think he only had 2 accidents that day and only 1 the next!  I am not going to pretend that he just started telling us he needed to go pee immediately, but with our help he was a pee-pee rock star in no time!  What I am the most proud about is that since that day 3 months ago he has only wet the bed over night 3 times!  That my friends is a win!

If you are looking to potty train your kids I highly recommend the 1 day method -- if you are diligent about the process it works!!!

Andy is the most patient person I know :)
 We played all day long on the tile in the kitchen
 I think this was the next day.  He was so proud of himself (as were we)!

No comments:

Post a Comment