Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Chicago!

Back in February I was able to take a girls trip to Chicago with a couple of girls from work and one of their mutual friends.  We planned the trip around going to see Phantom of the Opera.  In hindsight we didn't give much it thought that we were going to Chicago in February of one of the coldest winters in recent history.  Regardless, we didn't let the cold stop us!  We got out and saw the city as if it were spring!  It was a great and much needed trip for me.  I am thankful to have friends that knew I was coming off a very hard year and were willing to go an have some fun!  Also, a big thanks to Andy for not caring that I was gone on Valentines weekend ;).

The toilet in the O'Hare airport -- the protector changes to a fresh one with a wave of a hand.  When will Texas get with the times??
 My very first Chicago Dog!  It was all I had imagined and more!
 The Chicago River!  I have never seen a frozen river before.  I hear I need to go back when it is warmer and take the architecture river tour.
Amy, Me, and Shauna -- I am pretty sure my thighs were frozen at this point
 Me, Amy, Shauna and Amy
 Views from the Hancock Building
 Chicago deep dish pizza -- It was delightful! It was worth the mile walk in the 9 degree weather!
 There was a specialty donut shop at our hotel -- this one was the Creme Brulee Donut
 From the bottom of the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower)
 Views from the top of the Willis Tower
 In the glass observation deck -- 103 stories up!
 The Bean!
 The Nutella Cafe at Eataly Chicago.  This called my name from the moment I knew it existed!
 My Nutella treat
 Navy Pier -- it was even colder than it looks!


No comments:

Post a Comment