Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Saturday, June 15, 2013

18 Months Old

My baby is 18 months old and I want to cry.  He is so big and it just happened overnight.  I just blinked my eye and he is a big boy.  It can't be happening this fast....

Benjamin weighed in at 27lbs even and was 32.25 inches tall at his 18 month visit.  It was at this same visit that he gave Mommy and Daddy a scare.  Given he barely gained any weight from his 15 month visit, the doctor was a little concerned and checked his hemoglobin again.  In the  office the machine read 6.4mg/dL.  For you non-health care folk out there -- THAT IS LOW!  WAY TOO LOW FOR MY BABY!!  The doctor immediately sent Ben for some real labs and the repeat turned out to be 10.4mg/dL -- still a little low, but MUCH better.  The bad thing about it all was that we had to wait until the NEXT MORNING to get the results.  They really shouldn't do that to us worried mamas.  Anyhow, all is good and he is getting some iron to help bring his hemoglobin up a smidgen.

At 18 months Benji is exploding with words!  He is starting to string words together and I am understanding so much more.  Some of my favorite phrases are: Bess yoo Mama, Goofy wey ah yoo (Goofy where are you), I lahv oo (I love you), and ake up Mama (wake up Mama).  He recently started calling me Mom and I am not to fond of that, but everything else he says is just so darn cute! 

Benji is still pure boy.  He loves to run, climb, dig, be outside, and get DIRTY!  He unfortunately can be a tad bit mean at times and we are really working on the no hitting.  Sometimes I think he is just trying to fend for himself in this crazy world and he gets a little rough -- it is tough when you have a big brother!  Behind that rough and tough boy, though, is a sweet loving heart that loves to give kisses.

Benjamin, we love you to the moon and back!  Just stop growing please :)



No comments:

Post a Comment