Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Thursday, February 25, 2010

37 weeks and BED REST :(

I am happy to announce that I have made it to 37 weeks (actually tomorrow marks the day), but I am sad to report that the last 3 weeks will be spent on the couch/in bed. You are all probably wondering how I made it to this point, so here I am to tell you the sad, sad story......

For those of you who don't know, I have had problems with swelling dating back to early November (~21 weeks or so). Up until this point it was purely a cosmetic problem, nothing to be too concerned about. All of that changed when I saw the doctor this AM :(

I knew something was wrong when I woke up this morning. First things first, I gained 6 pounds (don't tell anyone) in ONE WEEK -- yikes!! At the doctor's office my legs were swollen more than normal, my blood pressure was elevated, and for the first time I had protein in my urine. All of these things point to early pre-eclampsia (boo). Because of this the doctor said I had to go on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy - WHAT?? 3 WEEKS doing absolutely nothing?? I have Phantom tickets tonight, lamaze class this weekend, and don't forget that I wanted to work ALL the way up to the big day -- I CAN'T GO ON BED REST -- NOOOOOO!!! Turns out it doesn't matter what I want - surprise, surprise!

On the bright side, this little event has bought me twice weekly sonograms!! I got to see BIG man today - yes I said BIG man! His head is huge and he was estimated to currently weigh 8.5 pounds (don't forget that I still have 3 weeks left). He is doing well despite the current situation which makes me happy. Also, my exam has progressed from last week and things are moving towards the big day. If you want to know specifics let me know because my sister doesn't like to hear what she described as the "gross" details.

I will keep you all posted - if you need me, you know where to find me!!
Kays

No comments:

Post a Comment