Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

This year I had to work on Thanksgiving, which was a blessing in itself.  All throughout my pregnancy I had this feeling I wouldn't make it to Thanksgiving to work my shift (which could have put a real damper on someone else's holiday).  But thankfully, I made it through the holiday swimmingly. 

While I was working Andy took Luke to my Nana's house for round 1 and then to Grandma's house for round 2.  I was able to get off in enough time to make it for round 2 before everyone was finished eating -- yet another thing I was thankful for.  My mom was also thoughtful enough to pack up some left overs from Nana's house so that I was able to get some of my favorite things :)

I have several things to be thankful for this year, so I thought I would share some of them with you all. 

1.  Baby brother Benjamin.  We are so grateful to have been blessed again and cannot wait to meet him very, very soon.

2.  Family and Friends.  We are so lucky to have such a supportive family so close.  We depend on them a great deal and I know we would not be able to do it without them.  I can also say the same thing for all of our friends, but especially the Usserys and Johansens -- we love you very much and wish that we didn't live so far apart (even though we all live within the boundaries of the DFW area).

3.  Jobs.  I am thankful that God has blessed both Andy and I with great jobs.  For those of you who don't know, Andy lost his job in October.  Without getting into too many details, Andy was only off of work for 6 days.  We have God to thank for His perfect timing and what this job change has meant for our family.

4.  Our new church home.  We miss our friends at APBC, but are thankful to have made new friends at Northwood.  We have already been blessed immensely and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us in 2012.

5.  My husband.  Andy is such a great dad and husband. Enough.Said.

Because Andy was on his own he wasn't really able to take many pictures of the holiday celebration, but he did manage to get this one of Makayla and Luke.  Why yes, that is a pickle in his mouth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment