Andy, Kaysey & the Little Men

Thursday, February 24, 2011

11 (& 1/2) Months!

Luke is now 11 months old....or I guess he was 11 months old about 2 weeks ago ;)

At 11 months old Luke weighs in at 24.8lbs which is holding steady just below the 90th percentile.  He is wearing 12 month pants and 18-24 month shirts.  He eats 3 meals a day and has completely stopped taking his bedtime bottle.  We introduced him to cow's milk the other day out of a sippy cup and he seems to like it.  He is still getting formula in a bottle 3 times a day and we are only giving him the cow's milk around dinner time.  He is eating more and more table food and very rarely have we come across something he won't eat.  As of today I would say that bananas, yogurt and cheese remain at the top of his list!

Luke is really on the move these days.  He started crawling (finally) at 11 months and 1 day.  He is still very slow and deliberate when he crawls and he pretty much only does it long enough to get to some thing he can pull up on.  Once he is up Luke is all over the place.  He can get just about anywhere he needs to as long as it is about 6 steps or less or if he has something to hold on to.   As far as transportation other than his feet he is really enjoying his "trucks."  He has 3 different "trucks" to choose from and he seems to enjoy them all.  The pictures on this post are of his rocket truck. 

Luke is communicating more and more.  The only word that he uses consistently and appropriately (other than Mama/Dada) is "bye" (accompanied by a wave), but he is starting to try to repeat other words. I have "heard" the words hot, night, Bella, and Gigi.  Even though he isn't using a lot of words yet I can definitely tell that he is understanding more and more every day.

While I have enjoyed every moment in Luke's life, this is an especially fun time for me.  I LOVE seeing him discover new things and watching him take it all in.  It is amazing to watch his little wheels turn as he tries to figure things out.  I truly LOVE being Luke's mom and I am so incredibly blessed to have been chosen for the job.


No comments:

Post a Comment